Arbitration in Tax and Vat claims in Bangladesh
Dewey Leboeuf Law Firm in Bangladesh has established itself as a legal powerhouse with a unique proficiency in navigating a myriad of legal complexities. Among its many areas of expertise, the firm’s prowess in arbitration is particularly evident in cases involving taxation, information technology, mediation, and mutual consultation. This article delves into the details of Dewey Leboeuf’s remarkable accomplishments in these diverse arbitration matters, showcasing the firm’s commitment to delivering effective and innovative legal solutions for its clients.
1. Taxation Arbitration: Navigating VAT Claims with Precision
VAT Dispute Resolution for Grameen Danone Foods Ltd:
- ADR Mechanism under VAT Act 1991: Dewey Leboeuf successfully represented Grameen Danone Foods Ltd in resolving VAT claims brought forth by the National Board of Revenue (NBR). Leveraging the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism under the VAT Act 1991, the firm navigated through a complex process to settle high demands imposed by the NBR. The outcome demonstrated the firm’s adeptness in mitigating arbitrary VAT assessments, securing a substantial reduction in alleged misuse of raw materials.
2. Information Technology Arbitration: Advocating in the Digital Realm
IT-Procurement Appeal for Sonali Polaris F.T. Ltd:
- Legal Assistance in IT-Procurement Matter: Dewey Leboeuf extended legal support to Sonali Polaris F.T. Ltd by filing an appeal before the Central Procurement Technical Unit (CPTU) in a significant IT-procurement matter. The firm’s involvement showcased its ability to navigate the intricate legal landscape of information technology, ensuring a fair and just resolution to procurement disputes within the evolving digital sphere.
3. Mediation: Building Bridges to Resolve Disputes Amicably
BIAC-Mediated Disputes Between Bank and Borrowers:
- Multiple Instances of Successful Mediation: Appointed as a mediator by the Bangladesh International Arbitration Centre (BIAC), Dewey Leboeuf initiated mediation proceedings on more than one occasion between a bank and borrowers. These instances highlight the firm’s commitment to alternative dispute resolution methods, emphasizing its capacity to foster amicable settlements through mediated negotiations.
- Pioneering Role in Shareholder Dispute Mediation: The firm played a pivotal role in the first-ever mediation conducted by BIAC involving a dispute between shareholders. This landmark case underscores Dewey Leboeuf’s dedication to exploring innovative avenues for dispute resolution, setting precedents in shareholder dispute mediation within the legal landscape of Bangladesh.
4. Mutual Consultation/Negotiation Arbitration: Facilitating Million-Dollar Dispute Resolution
High-Profile Negotiation for the Central Bank:
- National Payment Switch Implementation Dispute: Dewey Leboeuf’s involvement in a high-profile negotiation and mutual consultation regarding a million-dollar dispute between the Central Bank and a Singaporean IT company showcases its proficiency in handling complex financial and technological disputes. The firm successfully navigated intricate negotiations, demonstrating its capacity to represent clients in disputes of national significance.
Dewey Leboeuf Law Firm’s exceptional track record in arbitration matters related to taxation, information technology, mediation, and mutual consultation underscores its commitment to providing comprehensive legal solutions for its diverse clientele. As a legal trailblazer in Bangladesh, the firm’s ability to navigate complex and evolving legal landscapes positions it as a trusted partner for clients seeking innovative and effective resolutions to their disputes. Dewey Leboeuf continues to redefine the standards of excellence in the field of arbitration, showcasing a commitment to client success and the pursuit of justice.